RE: [A/S] New Truck Opinions solicited

Jerry,
I have a '94 dodge with 275,000Km and I still love it. Both the Ford and the
Dodge are good trucks. The Ford feels "trickier" and has a heavier
suspension/chassis set up. The Dodge is a littler softer in the ride
department. The Ford feels "snappier" because of the V-configuration, but in
fact, there is little difference in the trucks' performance. The fuel
economy on the Dodge is quite a bit better when solo, and slightly better
when towing.

When, and if, repair becomes a question, the Dodge Cummins is MUCH cheaper
to repair. The inline configuration is relatively simple and easy to
service. Injectors and all of those good diesel things are quite a bit less
expensive. Changing an injector is a matter of minutes with the Dodge and a
matter of hours with the Ford. The pump of the Dodge sits up there where it
is easily accessible.

When all is said and done, drive both trucks and take your choice. Both
vehicles are great.
You pays your money and takes your chances.
george