[A/S] New Truck Opinions solicited

I have a 25' 90 Excella and no truck to pull it.  So, I'm trying to decide what to buy.  My first choice was the new Chevrolet with the Diesel and the Allison transmission.  Well, they finally arrived here in the Sacramento, California area and the dealers will only sell them if you come in an order one and them pay the full MSRP or about $41,000. plus taxes, license etc.

I just can't bring myself to pay the MSRP on any vehicle.  So, I am thinking about the 2001 Ford or Dodge.  I saw on this listserv several weeks back some discussion on Dodge vs. Ford.  I've heard that this is the last year for the Dodge cummings engine and the Dodge will likely go for a Mercedes engine in 2002.  The Ford is less expensive than the Dodge.

What are your opinions as to the best diesel to buy?  Dodge or Ford?

Jerry
Gerald H. Kilbert