[A/S] Re: What size ?-was Courtesy Parking

Dick:
No surprise here... I should have added that I haven't seen enough
units to say that I have seen two exactly alike...The 26' unit we had
in 63 (1950's model)was a one year experience and then the hiatus
until Oct of last year... What I know about Airstreams I learned from
you guys and gals and from busting my knuckles on this one... And I
remember vaguely replacing the wall mounted gas heater in the first
one for a forced air gas unit.(ducts and all)..At the time we were
living in Bosier City Lousiana and adding some radio equipment to the
railroad...I remember we were only able to use the bathroom in the
trailer parks... no black or grey tank..had an airpressure water tank
under the front sofa...and I remember that every gust of air blew the
pilot out in the water heater...(I never did get that fixed)

This one has been very enjoyable, (we found it on the Internet in
Penn.)and I will solve my sleeping problem eventually..If I was doing
it over knowing what I know now, I would hold out for beds...maybe a
25' or 26'.....

Jim