[A/S] Re: Dodge diesel with standard transmition.

     Rats; there goes my gas mileage - again.

     My 1999 Chevrolet Suburban Owner's Manual *explicitly* instructs
you to tow in overdrive; why do they do that?  Surely they don't want
the transmission to fail...bad business to get that rep.
     It's hard to know who to belive here - I've heard both kinds of
tales on these two lists.  Some who kill transmissions by driving in
overdrive, others who do it regularly without incident.  Now I don't
know what to do.  Double rats.

- Dick
(5368)