Re: [A/S] Triad-Utrad converter/charger

Bob:
	The Univolt is dirt simple.  The only part that routinely goes bad is
the capacitor.  It is probably something like 25 uFd at 600 volt  AC.
You should be able to get one at a motor rewind shop or maybe an air
conditioner repair place.  As for a schematic, I do not have one
however, there is only 3 parts, a transformer, a diode, and the
capacitor.  After 20 years, the Cap dries out.
	If you have it apart, I would advise you to put a simple switch in the
ac input line.  It would make it easier to turn off when you are keeping
it plugged in over the winner.  You need to turn it on about 1 day every
2 weeks just to keep the battery up.  The type of power supply
(ferro-magnetic resonant) used by these use considerable power when
there is no output.  They are very inefficient.  They may draw as much
as 300 to 400 watts when there is no output.  They will not overcharge a
battery if there is very much use on it at all.
	If you have any other questions, write me either here or off the list.

bill
25 ft Trade Wind in WV