Re: Front Jack was Re: [A/S] HELP

Hunter and all,

I thought I did a very dumb thing too (with the Hensley):

I pulled into the site, locked the wheels in place, jacked up the car,
disconnected the chains, electrical, brake cable and tried to pull
forward....Dottie stopped me because the trailer wanted to go with me.  I
couldn't SEE what the problem was....everything seemed to be in place.

Dottie asked why I didn't use the drill this time.  (I usually use the
battery drill to take the tension off the leveling bars).  It is a good
thing she is my backup, I'd still be there LOOKING and seeing nothing.  With
the tension on the leveling bars, there is tension on the 2" square bar and
hitch....I would have pulled and pulled until the trailer went over the
wheel chocks.

One thing I have to do prior to next towing season....buy some backup
Hensley parts and tools.

Rich Walbridge
mailto:richwalbridge@airstream.net
mailto:wbcci@gis.net