Re: [A/S] Re: propane regulators

Chris,
 You want the auto-switching regulator; they're usually a combination unit
today. Years ago, there was a seperate switcher ahead of the regulator.
AFAIK:, they're all automatic, can you even get a manual swtichover valve?
The combo units are only $31.47 in the Camping World catalog (President's
Club price, a bit more otherwise)

These things sense when the "Selected" tank goes empty and automatically
start drawing from the other tank. The pilots stay lit, you never know it
happened. When you notice that the Tell-Tale is Red, you flip the selector
lever/button/whatever to the other tank, making IT the "Selected" one,
remove the dead tank and get it filled. Reconnect it, open the valve, and
it'll automatically pick up the load when the second tank goes dry.

If you have a plain ol' regulator ($19.79 P.C. price at C.W.), you'll have
only one pigtail hose that you'll have to move to the full tank when one
goes dry. Of course, your pilot lights go out, your fridge stops cooling if
running on gas, and it's a general PITA. If it were me, I'd definitely spend
the extra $$$.

                                                         <<Jim>>