[A/S] Re: [AS} dura torque

-
I think we have beat this to death, but the weight is not taken of
the hitch but rather off the rear wheels of the Toronado and
transfered via what ever the Toranado was calling a frame in those
days to the front wheels of the tow vehicle and to a lessor extent to
the wheels of the trailer.

The spring bars are pulling down on the frame of the trailer and
using the ball as a hinge point, on the frame of the tow
vehicle...The overall stress on the hitch is increased, but that is
what it's designed for...

Good discussion... a lot of folks have given this more thought than
ever before...others don't care, just as long as it works....

Have fun...

Jim