Re: [A/S] Equalizing Hitches

Bill,

What the Hitch guy told you is right.

For instance, I tow a 8000lb 31' with a 4000lb, short wheel base Conversion Van.
I n my case I need the Leveling hitch to make things much less adventurous.

On the other hand I've also towed a 2800ib boat and trailer with no trailer
brakes with a 1/2 ton shortbox pickup and felt perfectly safe doing so.

My new Tow vehicle, an F700 Ford that weighs around 10000 all by it self, will
most like likely not require a load leveling hitch, simply because it will not
be affected by the trailer weight the same way a 4000lb truck would.

In short, every tow rig setup is different. If you feel safe, most time you are,
but not always.  For instance, panic stop with the about mentioned boat trailer
left something to be desired, especially in gravel, had a tendency to jack
knife.

Just some things to think about.

bobb