Re: [A/S] Axle for Flying Cloud (brakes)

Thank you all for the response to my axle question.  I visited the local
axle supply and found out it will cost $400 for a complete axle assembly
with springs. The only problem with the new setup is the eye to eye
distance on the new springs. They are much shorter than the originals. I
think I will try not replacing the springs and eliminate welding on the old
a/s frame. One other thing, the new axle will be straight, not dropped.
Maybe this increased ground clearance will make tire changing easier.

I would like to keep the original axle and replace brakes as suggested by
Scott & Lise Scheuermann . The problem with this idea is the bearings in
the new hubs not matching the spindles on the old axle.

Bob Patterson
53 Cloud
66 Overlander