[A/S] Nitty Gritty......the resolution

Kathy, Dick, Scott, Don and Jim:
Thanks a bunch for all of the input about my problem with the black water
fitting and my fresh water tank. The old tank is now out.....(now that was
fun) a new tank is on it's way from Pennsylvania, hope it survives all of
the big ol potholes:>) I have decided to go all out and replace the fresh
water system altogether. It will be a gravity flow, with a Whisper King
pump. It is easy to get to and I will know it is in good shape when I'm
done. Ordered a new water heater and am replacing the bottom aft belly pan
while I'm there. As for the strange black tank fitting..........What
fun:>).........I had to remove it just to take it with me to Tampa, went to
Camping World and they just looked at me funny and said......."That came
from an RV?" so much for them...... Next stop was Recreation USA on Hiway
301 in Tampa, (they used to be named Holiday RV) They are a stocking
Airstream dealer and have some Very nice and Helpful folks there. Also some
nice trailers :>) They couldn't help me with my fitting problem either, so I
decided to take the advise you good folks gave and bought a universal
Valterra fitting.......A nice thick strong black one and took it home and
went to work. The locking lugs don't even pretend they are going to fit so I
cut them off with a cutting wheel~~~~~zip. Next I cleaned the outlet of the
fitting with fine sandpaper and alcohol. I removed the rubber seal from the
top of the fitting where it is supposed to lock on to the trailer fitting,
and bonded it right into the outlet port of my fitting with JB Weld. I used
the 4 minute stuff to bond it then after it cured I mixed up a batch of the
long set stuff and molded it around the inside and outside so everything is
real smooth for good flow. End result is a modern:>( Valterra hookup on the
wrong side of our baby that will hook right up to the sewer solution. Now
just a few dozen more details and a polish job.........
Stan and Donna Mayhew
Lakeland, Fl.
61 Bambi with a superpooper
72 Sov.