Re: [A/S] Re: Leveling-onward to the truth

Phil, don't give up now; this is the most entertaining thread we've seen
in a while!

Seriously, the linkage this list group provides between first-hand
knowledge of  "equipment design parameters" and "user experience in
practical applications" is extremely valuable.  Each one is important to
understand; neither is sufficient in and of itself.  My experience in
investigating equipment failures in power generation facilities reveals
that, with remarkable frequency, humans find ways and reasons to operate
equipment other than the way it was designed to be operated. That is
probably the predominant root cause of most cases of catastrophic failure
and reduced service life of equipment in general, whether it be a
component in a nuclear reactor or a Dometic refrigerator in an Airstream
Trailer.

Good luck in your quest for truth, Phil.  I hope your sources at Dometic
warrant your confidence.