Re: [A/S] SmarTire Monitoring System

Looks as if others have already supplied it.  The website I used (which I
can't find now) listed several of their distributors.  These included
Discount Tire and NTB.  I went to Discount which was the closest to me, who
had a price below the suggested retail.  The four tire system I had
installed ran me $433, which included $50 installation, and $29 tax.
The four transmitters are installed inside the tires, and send their
information to the monitor in the truck.  They are mounted with a large hose
type clamp, with an counter-balance on the opposite side of the wheel.
The actual monitor can be mounted on the front, or the top of the dash, or
on the visor.  It comes with a cigarette lighter plug.  I chose the visor,
cut off the plug, and hard-wired the monitor.  I put a switch inline, so
that I could cut the monitor off when I wasn't using it.
The transmitters have batteries, which cannot be replaced.  They use a
centrifugal switch, so that they are only transmitting when the wheels are
moving.  The claim is for a life of up to 7 years or 70,000 miles.

-Tom

Mailto:tom@tompatterson.com
Website: http://www.tompatterson.com/