Re: [A/S] Re: Leveling

Howdy Phil:

I guess this is a forum, so I think I'll just jump right in here.

My '67 manual says: "Whenever you park your trailer, care should be taken
that it is level for best operation of this refrigerator....A spirit
level has been provided with your Dometic refrigerator to assist you in
leveling your Airstream".

The Dometic Installation and Adjusting Instructions for my refrigerator
says: The refrigerator must be installed on a solid floor and must be
level.  "When checking use a pocket level and level both ways in the
freezer compartment.  The refrigerator will operate only while being
level.  A continuous movement as in the trailer on tow will not affect
operation if the rolling or piching passes either side of level."

"The operation will be least affected if the refrigerator is installed
with the door parallel to the side wall of the trailer."

"Whenever the trailer is parked, care should be taked that it is
accurately leveled."

And finally you should check out:

http://www.rvmobile.com/tech/trouble/level.htm (That's where the 1/2
bubble comes from) and http://www.rvmobile.com/tech/trouble/coolingd.htm

The culprit in all of this is the sodium chromate which is used to buffer
the ammonia.

Later,

GQ '67 Safari