[A/S] age

I can't help but respond to the failing membership in WBCCI.....I have been a
member for 38 years  been retired now 22  still tow my 64 Soverign....my husband
died 14 years ago and I wanted to keep going....joined the Free Wheelers  and
have been to many of their
activities,  led a couple of caravans for them, do the newsletter.  I am finding
that the younger people accept a single person towing  much easier than the
older couples....wish I had the answers but it always seems that if you are a
woman alone 1st your morals are
suspected that now we are alone we are after someone's husband or  "sleeping
around"  why would anyone think our morals have changed just because we are
alone????  Many of us spent years caring for an ill spouse and  want to see this
wonderful country we live in

Younger people  just seem to accept us as someone who enjoys traveling, likes
sitting around a campfire,  will spend time talking or playing games with your
children,  can give some great places to go off the beaten track, have even "pet
sat" if you want to go someplace and pets not allowed.   Many of us are
"boondockers"  we have solar to provide what electricity we need.....don't rely
on TV for entertainment.     We enjoy "rolling our wheels"  so  include us in
your activities  you might  find a new friend.

There are Units who combine a mini caravan with each rally....so maybe all you
have time for is the mini caravan or better yet why don't you plan one and
invite the "old timers"  if they see some new ideas it might stimulate increased
membership.    Pearl #22170