Re: [A/S] Olema and Harpers Fery rally related to WBCCI future

Hi all Airstreamers and wannabee's,

    Membership for the all the WBCCI is the number one area of concern.
From my perspective, many in the main club still have a focus on Large,
Comfortable Fulltimer Trailers and Motorhomes, Pomp and Circumstance, Rules
and Regulations and a Conservative (we don't want to change)attitude.
None of these attributes will attract younger members.
    Since the Vintage Intra Club's inception in the mid 90's there has been
a real focus on vintage trailers and hardware.This has been a magnet for
those of us young enough to have the energy to find, restore, and maintain
these pieces of American Art. However, this is not the focus that will KEEP
people in the Club. Its the enjoyment of traveling and visiting new places
and meeting new people and developing those ties across country. It's this
focus that will keep the Club alive and well into the 21st century. As with
all large organizations the WBCCI will not be changed easy. As a younger
member of this organization it will be my focus to help bring the kinds of
activities and attitudes to the club that welcomes a diverse worldwide
society both young and not so young. As we get older and take on greater
levels of responsibility the club will change to our values and vision for
the future.
    The upcoming Northeast Vintage Gathering is the final outing for the VAC
in the year 2000.
If you haven't made plans to join us and you are in the area please come by
and meet us and our families and of course, our Vintage Airstreams.

We welcome all.

The 3rd Annual Vintage Intra Club Northeast Gathering is being sponsored
by the Washington DC Unit (WDCU). The Gathering is set for November 2nd to
the 5th, 2000

At the Harper's Ferry KOA in West Virginia. This site can also accommodate
enthusiasts who do not have their rigs ready for the road but want to admire
the vintage Airstreams and participate in the VAC activities by staying at
one of the KOA cabins. The points of contact for this Rally are John
Gilliland and Harley Muse (301/725-2983 - hcmjdg@airstream.net)

See Ya There!!!
Wayne A.  Moore
WAM52