Re: [A/S] AS/ Leaks! eeeks!

Steve and Jenni,

I have always tried to keep high pressure tubing on hand that is just
somewhat smaller than the outside diameter of the ones that will need
repairing.  There are two sizes in my A/S.  Anyway, I use a silicone paste
that is available for mounting electronic parts to a chassis.  This paste
helps the smaller diameter tubing fit over the broken tube.  Then I use two
radiator hose clamps at each end to secure the repair in place.  Folks will
likely say the paste should have poisoned me, but it works for me and has
for about twenty five years.  An old '67 Ambassador froze on me in Kansas
back in the 70's and the pipes were broken in four places.  Left those
repairs in place about two years before I re-piped the thing with the
plumbing  away from the walls.

Dean