[A/S] AS/ Leaks! eeeks!

Hi all,

We have a 2000 27" safari.  We have owned it almost a year now.  The
water
pressure regulator sprang a leak and saturated our bedroom.  We
finally have
everything dried out.

I removed the regulator with some difficulty since there are copper
rings or
seals securing the ends of the tubing to the regulator.  I then
purchased a
piece of tubing and some little screw bands to secure the two ends
together
omitting the regulator (using a commercial outside water hose
pressures
valve).

I cant' get the screw band clamps tight enough to get an effective
seal.
Too tight and they strip out with anything else leaking.

My trailer is in a fixed position for the winter and the nearest
airstream
repair shop is about 4 hours away.  I can't really move it to the
dealer.

How do you secure the tubing?

Thanks,

Steve and Jeanni