Re: [A/S] wood flooring

I, for one, will appreciate your expertise...one day Terry!  I think flooring
is a major issue with many of us, I know I need a new floor, not immediately,
but sometime soon!

In talking with a friend who has just torn up his original tiled floor, he tells
me that sometimes the plywood subfloor starts to delaminate at the seams...and
I guess there a at least two seams across.(although I am not sure) His did,
and what he did was to re-"float" his floor in the bad spots...with some type
of "floating cement.  (That seems like it would be heavy)

I have some cracks across my original tiled floor, indicating  seam delamination,
so this is aleays a concern when applying a new floor.

My friend bought 12 inch tiles, but rented a tile cutter, and made them 9 inch
like the originals!  It came out very nice.

I would like the look of a wood floor, but want to keep the weight down,down,down!

So..if you have any advice, I would love to be able to ask questions...when
the time comes!

Nick
'68 Safari
 WBCCI #2577