Re: [A/S] discoloration

The front of our 72 Ambassador has the vinyl covered aluminum and the bath
has the same vinyl covered aluminum with textured flowered vinyl wallpaper
glued to it.  All was brown/orange yuck and sticky in places with cooking
grease, crud and ????  I used the same (cheap) cleaner I've used in cleaning
apartments after tenants leave...Open the windows, turn on the fan and use
lots of ammonia with dish soap and hot water in the garden sprayer. Spray on
liberally (til it drips).  Allow to soak for 10 minutes.  Then spray again.
Wipe with a towel wet with the same solution.  Use gloves.  Sometimes a
second spray/wipe is necessary.  Sometimes a toothbrush in hard to get
places.  This method cuts the worst greasy, dirty messes.  After this is
done and rinsed, (next day) use the bleach solution to remove stains.  The
bleach won't cut through the grease and can't get to the stain.  But don't
mix the bleach and ammonia...BAD fumes.
My walls/ceiling are fine now.  No stains except for right above the stove
area.  No need for painting.

Judy White
72 27’ Int’l Ambassador
WBCCI #5040, VAC