[A/S] Another A/S dealer drops out

I just got the WBCCI North Texas Unit Region 9 newsletter and there
is an anouncement that Sherrard's RV, the Airstream dealer in Colbert,
OK about 120 Miles north of Dallas that advertises in the Blue Baret,
will give up its full dealership of Airstream. They will carry the
Safari and handle special orders. This is the same status as Vogt RV
in Ft. Worth. The former Dallas dealer now only handles used a/s and
repairs. Is this a trend? Does anyone know if the dealers are getting
squeezed on pricing or if there is some other business practice on
the part of Jackson Center that is causing this to happen. I presume
that businesses don't discontinue selling things that are profitable
to sell, so either the demand is weak at the prices it takes to be
profitable or the cost of the inventory and floor plan interest make
it dificult to turn the $$$, or margins on SOBs are so much higher
that doesn't pay to handle Airstream. Does anyone have any inside
info about this?

John H.