Re: [A/S] Thermostat

Norma, it's unlikely there would be a problem, but that's totally dependent on the group leader. The
resident in the ghost town would not be tuned into that detail, nor would he care one way or the
other if asked. If you get a chance to visit, you'll see it's really out in the middle of nowhere.
The only reason the place hasn't rotted and disappeared is because it's in the dry desert.

Terry

PS - Today (Friday 09/20/00), we went into Bisbee, AZ and found Shady Dell RV Park. They have a 1949
Airstream for rent and several 1950s Spartans for rent at $25 a day. Also, we found the Queen Mine
RV Park located on an upper terrace overlooking the mine pit and downtown Bisbee. At $17 a night, we
would keep our awnings closed or they would overlap the adjacent campsite. While driving in town, we
saw a store front sign welcoming gays and lesbians.

We stopped at a bakery on the main drag up the mountain. One cinnamon bun (3" diameter), 1 spinach
pastry (3" diameter) and one 8 ounce coffee cost me $7.80. When I came out of the bakery, Sandie
told me I stuck out like a sore thumb in relation to other customers because I don't have a pony
tail to go with my bald head. She said I looked too prosperous and the New York plates on our Van
could easily be seen from the window near the cash register. We stopped at an antique shop and I
could have purchased an antique rusty potato masher for $12. The welcome wagon car drove up. It was
painted a rainbow of colors (mostly pink) with what looked like a dozen Amish Hex signs bolted
around the side of the car. There were little propellers in the signs that rotated when the car
moved. This is a unique town.

Back at our campground (Double Adobe RV Park), it was like putting on my favorite shoes. We had
returned to a familiar and comfortable culture. The family (Mike and Kathleen) who own the CG used
to live in Alaska. They are hard workers with a gracious style and caring attitudes. We're tempted
to stay longer than we had originally planned.  If we do, we'll explore other nearby towns. Mike
showed me the 1968 and 1973 Airstreams they've restored for use as campground cabins ($25 a night).
The 1973 is their preference for traveling in Alaska. I gave them the address for this egroup.