RE: [A/S] Lubbock Texas - October 18th, 2000 AND ALSO Johnson's caravan tidbits...

"Brady"  hhmmm - okay, now we understand how you got your trailer in for
service so quickly... (c;

Cindy & Carl
Parked at Kay Rodgers Fairgrounds in Van Buren/Ft Smith, Arkansas.
Touring Allen  Shoestring Potato plant this afternoon (Thurs, 10/19).
Toured Owen-Brockway glass bottle making plant in Muskogee, OK 2 days
ago - very good. We all had hair nets, safety glasses, and earplugs. We
were able to see the red hot glass being formed, air being blown into
bottles to shape the bottles, inspection, placement of bottles on
individual packing platforms, shrinkwrapping, and much more - all
without being touched by the human hand.
Airstream Park near Tahlaque, OK
   We stayed at state  park for 3 nights on Tenkiller Lake and heard
there is an A/S park a mile down the road.
   Carl and I drove slowly through.  We had gone almost full circle and
were  back to the clubhouse where we were  going to park, get out, and
walk around - go in the clubhouse to see if any 'for sale' items. Man on
golf cart waved and stopped to talk with us - invited us in to visit
with him and his wife and then invited me to go online with my laptop
(he had seen it in our tow vehicle) - talk about hospitality!
   Roger and his wife sold their home and have used the park as their
base.
We were told the park did not allow mobile homes but did allow modular
so that's what every site has.  Out of approx. 90 sites we saw 20 or so
Airstreams - very different from other A/S parks we've been to.
Hanging Judge Parker