Re: [A/S] Generator power

A generator is nice to have, but not a necessity unless you're
boondocking in the hot weather and really need some "oomph".  For the
same price as a Honda 3000 you can get a solar setup that will provide
everything you need, except enough to run the A/C.  For that, you need a
generator.

I have two...a Honda EU1000i that I use at the storage lot when I want
power to run tools and listen to the radio while I work on the trailer,
and an EU3000is that I only use when I need air conditioning.  It _does_
get hot here in AZ for 7 months of the year, so that puppy goes in the
back of the truck.

When it's cool outside I don't need anything.  Just use the 110V from an
inverter fed by the solar-powered batteries, and occasionally recharge
the trailer battery through the Univolt so the lights keep working.
Soon I'll have a separate solar panel for the 12VDC system and won't
need to use the Univolt.

If you absolutely have to spend $$, spend them on a good solar setup.
You won't regret it.

--
Roger Hightower
1975 31' Sovereign....WBCCI 4165....VAC