Re: [A/S] Digest Number 112

I had the same problem the last day at Olema....no 12V lights in the
rear bedroom of the 31' Sovereign.

Do you have a service manual with the electrical wiring diagrams?  You
can get a good idea of the wiring system and track the problem down.

First, check the distribution panel for blown fuses.  If that's OK, then
you should find that all rear circuits are on one section; mine was
circuit "B", a purple wire.

I found that 12V in the rear section was fed by the purple wire from the
distribution panel, and at the rear of the closet, street side, there
was a junction.  From that point, the wires fed both reading lights and
the overhead light.  The previous owner had tied a cassette player into
that junction, and the wire nut connection had corroded.  I took it
apart, cut and stripped all the wires, put it back together, and
everything worked.

For the center bed, you may have to look under the bed or in a cabinet
to find the wiring, but the diagram should give you a clue.  It's a
challenge, because the wires won't run where you'd expect them to.

Good luck.
--
Roger Hightower
1975 31' Sovereign....WBCCI 4165....VAC