Re: [A/S] 85 Airstream 270 Odyssey

Joe,
 You make a very good point for buying (and carrying!) the factory shop
manuals for your vehicle. Even if YOU don't know how to read the index,
they can be of great help for someone else to fix your problem. There
are many good mechanics out there, but even they can be lost without
full service information, wiring diagrams, etc. They're expensive, but
will pay for themselves many times over during your ownership of the
vehicle.

Regarding your compressor: I don't know what yours looks like, but I
have a Firestone air lift system on my P/U that includes a small
underhood compressor. The outfit was sold as 2 'kits', the airbags and
bracketry and the compressor with switch, guage, and tubing. IIRC, it
was about $250.00/each. That compressor should work, and there are many
other such kits out there. In fact, I'd bet that one of those "portable
tire inflators" that you plug into a lighter socket would do the job if
you don't have any serious leaks. JC Whitney carries such compressors,
and probably has air lift kits with compressors also. Check them out at
http://www.jcwhitney.com.

                                          <<Jim>>