Re: [A/S] Re: Everflo Furnace (Suburban)

Phil,
    I had to refurbish  the dual cage blowers, one for the burner and one
for the circulation. Also had to replace some of the corroded case metal.
The return air plenum was badly corroded so it needed to be sand blasted and
repainted. The inside supply grille was smashed and had to be reformed,
sandblasted and repainted.
The motorwindings were in good condition but the brushes were badly worn
contributing to the gunk that had built up all around the windings and
bushings. I replaced the brushes and reassembled for a test run and found
that the motor was still running too slow. I took it apart and removed one
of the brass shims to eliminate some of the shaft friction and had a
noticeable increase in motor speed. Put it all Back together with a new
blower collar and it worked great.
In other words I rebuilt the Suburban Furnace.
Last weekend I had a problem with the main burner and had to shim the sail
switch ( It was resting on the case causing the sail to get hung up) By
shimming, it raised the switch so there was no rubbing allowing the main
burner to light.

WAM