[A/S] Re: Aluminum wire

Andy, I have excerpted a post written by Gerald J., our resident
Electrical Engineer;

"I've considered that the looseness of single strand aluminum wires
comes from the differential expansion between the wire and the brass
screw. As the wire heats, aluminum expands more than brass but since
the brass screw retains it the aluminum has to spread at right angles
to the screw pressure. Then when the assembly cools the aluminum
shrinks in all directions and the screw is loose. Next time there's a
load it heats a lot faster and repeats the deformation. All together
a bad idea, "bad scene", fires and shocks including deaths result
when the ground wire looses its connection. Been there, done that as
an expert witness. Had to explain deaths to parents.

Gerald J... "