[A/S] Towing with a Chevy 2500

Hello all,
I've been lurking,
now I've come out of hiding to post  a related question.
Soon, I will beging towing my Ambassador 29' with my Chevy (GMC) 2500
(Vandura) fullsize conversion van. I think this will be adequate for the
distances involved in the UK, and I have a nice collection of weight
distribution and sway control bars, so short of buying a Hensley it's as
good as it gets.
However, in this country, I'm not allowed to to this trailer with this van,
because anything over 7'6" wide has to be towed with a 3.5 ton vehicle, and
the Vandura is only a 6000lb vehicle....can anyone get me a plate which
says it weighs more.... please.

I wouldn't do anything stupid, but there are rules and rules, and this
one's dumb, because in the US this would be seen as a well-matched pair..
Of course, if I could afford a powerstroke.......
Marie over the sea

(thanks Hunter, for your travelogue, and so sorry to hear about your
misfortunes).