Re: [A/S] New owner, lame manual.

Steve,
 As others have said, your Explorer is probably not enough tow vehicle
for that trailer. However, when I was in the Toledo Unit, I saw at least
2 folks pulling large A/Ss with Explorers. Check your manual, and check
with your Ford dealer, but you might want to strongly consider a vehicle
with more 'Ass' in front of your trailer.

As Charlie said, brake controllers all come with instructions. There's
only 4 wires to connect, but you might need a shop manual to find the 2
places to tap into the vehicle wiring. You need to connect to the brake
light switch, probably near the switch itself, and to the IGNition or
ACCessory circuit. There's also a ground wire, leaving only the wire
going to the trailer brakes. Some controllers have one or 2 additional
wires.

                                                  <<Jim>>