[A/S] inverters

Does anyone have experience with those small (300 watt) inverters when
used with a laptop computer? I'm thinking specifically about the
"PortaWatz 300" that's in the Camping World catalog for $75.00.

My concern is that most small inverters like that are square wave, not
sine wave or modified sine wave, and square wave inverters tend to be
unkind to linear power supplies. (which I think is what my wife's new
laptop has)

TIA:                                            <<Jim>>