Re: [A/S] Re: [AirstreamList] Clear Coat Polish

My 1976 lost its "flex agents" long before I got it. Although the skin is
good shape, the effect of time has made the remaining clear cot look like
the "cake that was left out in the rain". Virtually all of the clear coat is
gone on the top and upper sides and looks like it has melted down toward the
bottom. You can actually scratch the clearcote off with you finger nail. I
have read all of the previous post and will in time stripe and polish my
trailer. However, that probably won't be for a time yet. So what can I do in
the meantime. Would it hurt to go ahead and stripe the cearcoat that is left
off and wait until I can get to the polishing? If I do stripe it now should
I put anything on the exposed skin to protect it until I get to the
polishing? If so what?

Thanks for the input.

Don Hardman
1976 31' Sovereign