Re: [A/S] International Sovereign water valves, 5 of them

Bob,
Nearly all the water must be removed from the plumbing before Winter or
you'll have broken pipes in the Spring. Most trailers won't drain
'naturally', as the builders didn't pay attention to which way they ran
the lines, so you need to open the drain valves and faucets, then apply
air pressure at the proper points to get most of the water out of the
lines. My G.T. had a Schrader valve on the pump, and I used one of those
blowdown fittings on the city water connection in addition. And, it
didn't get just one 'blow', but several, working first one end, then the
other, until I couldn't get any more water out of any of the faucets. It
was OK this Spring, no leaks, so I must have 'done good'.

Note that in all cases, the water heater is to be drained first.

The manual for my Avion claims that it can be drained by gravity: open
all faucets and drain valves, then crank the tounge jack as high as
possible, then as low as possible (to tip the trailer forward and
backward). I'm not sure if I trust that method. <<grin>>

You must remember to winterize the traps also; dump a pint or so of RV
anti-freeze in the sink, shower drain, and lavatory to displace the
water.

                                             <<Jim>>