Re: [A/S] International Sovereign water valves, 5 of them

Hi Bob!
It is a good idea to open all valves and faucets in preparation for
winter/freezing storage, however some pipes do not drain properly and still
will hold water and freeze at the low spots.    I personally open all
valves/faucets/petcocks etc., let drain, and then use compressed air to blow
low spot water out of the pipes. I have never used the "new" "safe" potable
water antifreeze.

Opening the faucets is good, you are allowing air to enter the system, which
eliminates a vacuum from occurring and insufficient drainage.

Scott
http://members.aol.com/adohen1/page/Adohensupply.htm