[A/S] towing with a big rig

I seem to remember a while back (has it been a year?!!) someone on
the list started towing an A/S with a semi. I also recall that person
was on the receiving end of some ribbing on the list for having
overcompensated with that much power :) But I am looking into some of
the big trucks because many of them cost less than the truck diesals
(used) and still have another 250k to go. Also, I will need a lot of
storage space for my work supplies and inventory, and I wouldn't fear
that adding an 8 foot add-on storage unit would be pushing it in
terms of towability. I'd really appreciate it if the person who is
towing w/ a big truck would drop me a note(if he's still on the
list). I'd be happy to hear from anyone with knowledge in this area.
I was wondering about the kind/ type of hitch one would use to tow an
Airstream. I've seen some towing fifth wheels, so the hitch is pretty
much in the same place as a truck trailer, but with a travel
trailer...?? Curious whether the mpg differs greatly from the diesel
trucks folks on the list use(12-14 mpg highway towing). And whether
maintenance costs are much different, or whether it all balances out
given the longevity the big rigs can offer.

Nicci