[A/S] [Airstream] what does it take to tow a 26 footer??

Hello Aluminum dwellers,

I'm buying a 1968 26ft Overlander which I'm very excited about!

Could anyone give me some guidance as to what would be a good tow
vehicle from that era? I'm a major car guy and already own a 1972
International Harvester Scout II 345ci off road truck, which I towed
a coleman camper trailer with recently. It was a horrible experience:
The trailer had no brakes and fishtailed around a lot.

I'd really like to get a longer wheelbase vehicle (preferably one
that gets good fuel mileage when towing) and my heart was set on a
beautiful 114 inch wheelbase 1968 IH Travelall with a 304 in it.
(Wouldn't get good mileage but would look sharp with the Airstream -
and it's the same year!)

The word 'diesel' keeps popping up in my brain - I'm trying to keep
an open mind about what would be most suitable. Could any of you kind
souls let me know your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!