Re: [A/S] First Post / Replacing Old Radio with Stereo AM/FM/CD

Radio Shack has a couple of models of car radios with cassette players that
also have a mini-jack line in on the front for CD players.  You can also get
a "car kit" to allow you to plug a portable CD player into the cassette into
the cassette player.  In either of these two cases, you'd want to have a
portable CD player and a 12v receptacle nearby.   Another option is to get a
radio with a CD player, and mount line-in connectors on the wall near it for
a portable cassette player, although I'm not sure how you get to the
line-in, if at all, if one is not already provided.  Or, you can get a small
car radio amplifier, tie it into the speakers in parallel with the car
radio, and run the output from your portable CD or cassette player, as the
case may be, into the amp.  Or, you could get a car stereo amp, mount input
connections in the wall, and alternate between a portable CD player and a
portable cassette player, taking power through an adapter in a 12v
receptacle.  Or, you could go to a salvage yard and get a car radio with CD
and separate cassette player.  I've seen these in Tahoes, so there must be
some out there in the truck salvage yards.   Or...

The possibilities are endless, as they say.

Don