Re: [A/S] Vista View windows

The service manual for my 76, states the following:

    Remove roof lockers and/or panels to permit inside skin to be loosened
approximately six             (6) feet aft of Vista View window.

    Vista View close out frame is held in place only at the top by several
hard rivets through                 roof.Remove these rivets from the
outside.

    Hold out ceiling skin panel and slide Vista View frame our. Shade will
come out with skin.

    Reverse procedure for installation using Olympic rivets.

Sounds lake a big job to me.

If the inside pane is plastic, I wonder if you could just drill a hole, say
with a 1" drill and then remove the flaking off material. Then close the
hole with a  small piece of plexi glass and glue. I have said it before, the
Vista View widows were a great concept but were not designed to last more
than just a few years before the flaking began. To bad.