Re: [A/S] New to trailers and Airstream.

Roy,
The frame on the older Avions consists of 3 box-section tubing, running
the full length, with cross members between them. The floor is a triple
layer, with 1/2" plywood on top and bottom, with 1" of styrofoam
between. Insulation is mostly spray-on foam between inner and outer
skins. The Avions that I've seen have aluminum propane tanks, and I was
told that all of 'em did. They used a unique suspension with a walking
beam and single spring on each side. I think the "spring" is rubber
blocks. The rear bumper is 4" ID pipe, with a slight curve on the ends
that can store the sewer hoses.

My '73 has a 40-gallon fresh tank, and 30-gallon black and grey tanks,
hung beneath the main floor, but enclosed by the bellypan. A heat duct
keeps them from freezing.

Some of this comes from my own experience, some comes from my seeing an
original advertising brochure.

                                        <<Jim>>