Re: [A/S] Re: solar installation

It depends...  Some charger/inverters are built in, and put 120v AC into
your system as if you were hooked up to shore power (i.e., you use your
regular outlets).   They're higher output and fairly expensive.

The smaller ones usually plug into a cigar lighter, or you can connect them
to the battery terminals,  and you plug your 120v appliances into outlets in
the inverter.  I have a small 300 watt model with 2 AC plugs, which so far
has only been used to run my red chili pepper party lights.  It should be OK
for the TV and VCR,  and coffee grinder.   It's borderline for the blender
(margarita maker), but the instructions say to just try it, and rely on the
automatic shutoff if it overloads.  If it does, turn it off to reset.   I
probably should test it on all of these before I leave on my next trip.

Don