RE: [A/S] 3 cheers

Hello Mike,
I would love to see your '61 to compare it to my '60 Overlander. Do you have
pictures?

Stabilizers. Airstream did not use mounted stabilizers, though I agree that
they would be convienent. What was used was more like a jack stand with a
screw to adjust the height. They are still available. I usually use 4 of
them. Some people love to bounce, personally I don't.

A/C cooling. If your unit's skin has not been shined and it was out in the
sun, I would say that it did an acceptable job. When I shined up my '60 the
change in interior temperatures was dramatic.

Walnut panneling. I need to refinish my panneling, never having refinished
anything, I keep putting that job off. I was told that I have birch, but
wouldn't know birch from adam.

Sewer dump. What is it draining, toilet water? If so the valve needs
attention. If it is draining sink or shower water then it is working as
designed. Back in the 60's no one much cared about gray water draining onto
the ground, but now it is outlawed in many places. Some people have
fabricated a holding tank for the gray water, but I believe that most people
just purchase a blue tank to catch the water. If you get a blue tank, you
may want to get a small one, as they get heavy when full of water.

Hot water tank air. I just leave the faucets open while filling the water
tank and the air escapes. When the water starts pouring out close the
valves. If you have no water in a hot water line, check the valve at the
fauset, then check the lines for an obstruction. It is also possible that
someone disconnected the line.

Shower curtain. No, replacements are not available, but do not dispair! One
can be made easily enough. Just purchase a home shower curtain and cut it to
fit. You will find that the curve of the ceiling has a 3 foot radius. The
same plastic tabs that are used for your cutrains are used for the shower
curtain also. I believe that they are still available. Try taking one to a
RV shop, or better yet an Airstream dealer. Show it to them and they should
be able to come up with some new ones. My wife is planning on making a new
curtain for our shower, so perhaps when she is done we could send the old
one to you as a template. Question, does the remnant of the one that you
have suggest that it wrapped around the window and fastened onto the wall?
My memories of the original curtain are so vague...I doubt that it did this
because the original bathroom window drapes were vinyl.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander