Re: [A/S] Lost for a while

We stayed in Ellenburg KOA on a river and below the highway, so noise is not
a problem as it can be at "handy to the highway" campgrounds.  Then we were
in Bellingham, Wa, where my neice has a great place for us to plug in in her
driveway among trees and flowers.  She is a master gardener.  Unfortunately
she is not up for having guest AS regularly. :o) - We were on the Olympic
Penninsula and stayed at Kalayloch Beach (national park) in the overflow
campground, kind of like Gold Beach only more remote and less people. In Port
Angeles, Wa, we stayed at Peabody Creek RV park, two blocks from the ferry
dock, so handy to go to Victoria.  It was like another world in the middle of
the city.  You drive down a ramp as if you were going down to a parking
garage and there is a little trailer park with a stream and trees and
flowers, half of the park is permanent trailer sites with older trailers and
older occupants, and the other half has sites for  transients.  I felt like
Alice in Wonderland going down a rabbit hole!  A bit pricey but very
convenient and a wonder ful bakery two minutes away with patio (dogs OK) and
view of the harbour  from the patio.
Two state parks that we liked, Dechutes River east of the Dalles in Oregon,
and Brunneau Dunes south of Twin Falls in Idaho.
Only bed things on the trip - all the smoke from the forest fires - so sad to
see and I lost my rear hatch door somewhere (construction site, most likely).
How to replace?
Good things - I was traveling with my DD and SIL and they are now thinking of
getting a vintage AS of their own.  SIL slept in tent as my GT is just not
big enough for three of us and a large dog. Sometimes it is hard to find RV
park with grass for the tent, and in one place they charged us for two sites,
one for RV and one for tent. We were too tired to go elsewhere so paid.

Just Plain Polly  WBCCI 7113
1964 Globe Trotter
Colorado