The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] polish

I had a similar issue with my 66 Safari but no holes.  Is the interior in
stock condition or have they torn everything out.

The exterior small holes can be filled and dents can be mended.  What is
important is structural.  Can you get a test pull?  Does it have a hitch
hidden in one of it's hatches?

At $800 unless answer to one of the above questions is dire, you gotta good
thing.  The Mr Lookgood formula for quick shine is:

Spray on Bix (heavy duty strength)
Abrade with a plastic sponge while you wear gloves
Hose down with high pressure nozzle.
Now your down to bare metal albeit is oxidized
Use any good liquid cleaning compound with 7" polisher
Keep cleaning the pads (you'll need several)
As the oxidation diminishes and it begins to shine
Switch to finer polish like Rolite AP-300
Use fine mist sprayer w/ water to keep polish moist
while buffing to a beautiful shine.

Yes, I know there are a million questions and variations on this polish
theme.  This is my quick fix for 65 $ 66 Safari and other vintage coaches
only.

Bob Kiger
http://members.home.net/bobkiger