The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] Black/Gray Water Question

I don't know if I agree with the concept of storing gray water in a tank,
which you haul around with you while boondocking.  Consider that I hang out
way up in the deserted mountains where any water is a rarity.  Why not let
the gray water run out.

If I am in a civilized area I will hook up.  My camper van dumps it's sink
right out the bottom and helps the grass to grow.  Those who practice such
technique should be careful not to use detergents OR only small amounts of
very mild detergents.  So basically what we are pouring into the
environment is slightly dirty water.  Duuuhhhhh!  Show me some CLEAN water
these days.

Thanks for the thought,
Bob
http://members.home.net/bobkiger