The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

[a/s] Hello Airstream List!

Hello out there!

My name is Scott Gureck. I am looking to buy my first travel trailer after
trying car tent-camping this summer. Actually, I'm quite pleased that it
only took two night of putting my wife in a tent for her to agree we need
one! ;-) I really thought it would take at least three or four!

Anyhow, I have a '98 Ford Explorer 4x4 as my only option (right now) for
a tow vehicle. Max GVWR for it is 5160 lbs. My interest in Airstream centers
on the Bambi (which is the only model I can tow), but I am concerned about
it's steep price, and it's ability to handle my me and my wife, as well
as our two boys 13 and 9.

I guess I would welcome any comments on the 2000 Bambi, and any other older
used Airstreams I should consider, as well as information about where I
might buy one used.

Thank you in advance!

Scott Gureck
scott@gureck.com