The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] Re: [a/s)Wild life on the road

If you live for any length of time where wild life exists along with
highways  you will learn that the problem with the wild life is that they
will become frightened and as often as not will leap unto a highway or
suddenly try to cross in front of you.  The high pitched tone alert
irritates them and they tend to move  away to avoid the sound.  Day time
driving, particularly in the early morning and at dusk are the worst
times for deer, etc. as they are often going to water in the streams
which so often run along the road way routes thru the mountains.  After
dark they are actually easier to see as they stand out in the head lights
and their eyes shine/reflect headlights.  During the day they often blend
into the tall grasses and dirt in road side ditches and are diffcult to
see until you are right on them.  If I had dogs I would get a pair of
these devices and try them out.  Dogs riding in the open bed of a PU
might experience more sound them those inside a nicely uphostered SUV or
other well insulated vehicle.

Roy Lashway