The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

[a/s] New to Airstream

Hello All-

I have a 19' Tahoe trailer I  am thinking of selling and buying a 60's
or 70's 16 foot or 19 foot vintage Airstream. I pull the trailer with my
56 Chevy 1/2 ton panel truck. I'm in the Seattle metro area.

Are the systems (gas, electric, water) typically replaced in these
vintage trailers? Are parts/replacements available for the
refrigerators/stoves? Are there black/grey water tanks on the old
trailers?  Do these trailers have electric brakes? Are there floor
plans/brochures available? What should I look for, and look out for in a
vintage Airstream?

Thanks in advance-

Gary Stutz