The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] My Two Cents

moggie sez;

my sentiments also - i have a 93 pickup - under $5K us so far, and a 73
ambassador - $5K us that, although it may not be the envy of everyone at
the campground, has a fridge, hot water tank, a/c, generator (12V -
propane powered), stove & oven that all work as they are supposed to
(haven't needed the furnace yet, but it too checks out).

spent the weekend beside a guy with a $50K diesel pickup, $60K fifth
wheel trailer AND a $15K boat, and noticed that all he did all weekend
was tell everybody what all his STUFF was worth!!  he never put his boat
in the water, and spent the better part of the days staying out of the
trailer, and his wife's way!! ( poor guy!! )

having spent a large part of my adult life tinkering with things
mechanical, this is not just an rv for me, but a VERY enjoyable hobby.
one thing that i have learned in my 43 years is that far too many people
in the "service" industries have no comprehension of customer service,
and no idea of what represents quality.  if you want something done to
your satisfaction, you probably have to do it yourself!!

just my 1.3 cents (2 cents cdn) worth!!

mog & spud