The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] Bikes

Mike and Gail,

You didn't say how much you were willing to spend on carrying the bikes.  Check with your local bike store for various racks for your bikes.  They range from inexpensive to outrageous in more configurations than you can count.  Depending on the value of your bikes, and the need for security for them, you can find almost anything you're looking for.  The three biggies are Yakima, Thule, and Hollywood.  I think they can all be found on the Internet.

Each provide different levels of security.  I had a heavy lock and cable cut off my Yakima rack on my van and a bike stolen in Reno a few years ago.  It made me wish I'd bought the more expensive locking system.

Roger