Re: [a/s] New members questions

Ted and Michelle,

Re:  Tires

What you want is Type ST (special trailer) tires.  They have a different
construction than truck or care tires.  My spare was a truck tire and I
had to use it last week (hit a road hazard of some type and shredded the
ST).  It ran a good 30 to 40 degrees hotter than the trailer tires.

After my little adventure I replaced all four tires and added a SmarTire
monitoring system at the same time.  If I'd had it when the other tire
blew I'd probably have saved the cost in damage to the wheel well.  It
actually beat the battery compartment door open.  Glad I still have the
strap for the battery in there!

Just went out for the weekend with the SmarTire, it makes life a lot
more comfy on the road IMHO.

Matt